I have power to a separate switched (one switch for the fan, one for the light)single unit, but no action. The power is on in the basement and there is juice at the switch. I checked the bulb and it is good, but won't light up. I vaccuumed out the area and the "cage" is free to spin for the fan,... any ideas what my problem might be? The unit is probably about 12 years old.
You will need to check power at the actual loads, meaning the light and fan. Also check switch. Radio Shack has meters for under 28.00.
Wiring for Ceiling Fan
Wiring on ceiling/fan light combo with remote and in...
Ceiling Fan Noise
Wiring ceiling fan w/ 14-3 sheathed electrical cable
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!