Should I repaint my wood siding or put up some other kind of siding? I want something that needs little maintainence, that my goats won't chew on, the ants won't destroy and that looks good. I live in the Cascade foothills, so it is very damp here too.
I guess the main thing you might want to consider is the cost. It would cost alot less to re-paint, then re-side your house. If cost is no issue, then look into vinyl siding. Wood siding can potentially last longer if it is taken care of...and not chewed on. If you have carpenter ants...then you have a real problem. The problem is not your wood siding. They need a pathway to your house. Prune shrubs, bushes and trees away from your house. Also, get a good exterminator. We had them and they can be quite destructive. I don't know if I helped. I also live in the foothills and have considered replacing our existing wood siding. We opted to repaint...but we don't have a goat! Good Luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!