Should I repaint my wood siding or put up some other kind of siding? I want something that needs little maintainence, that my goats won't chew on, the ants won't destroy and that looks good. I live in the Cascade foothills, so it is very damp here too.
I guess the main thing you might want to consider is the cost. It would cost alot less to re-paint, then re-side your house. If cost is no issue, then look into vinyl siding. Wood siding can potentially last longer if it is taken care of...and not chewed on. If you have carpenter ants...then you have a real problem. The problem is not your wood siding. They need a pathway to your house. Prune shrubs, bushes and trees away from your house. Also, get a good exterminator. We had them and they can be quite destructive. I don't know if I helped. I also live in the foothills and have considered replacing our existing wood siding. We opted to repaint...but we don't have a goat! Good Luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes