Should I repaint my wood siding or put up some other kind of siding? I want something that needs little maintainence, that my goats won't chew on, the ants won't destroy and that looks good. I live in the Cascade foothills, so it is very damp here too.
I guess the main thing you might want to consider is the cost. It would cost alot less to re-paint, then re-side your house. If cost is no issue, then look into vinyl siding. Wood siding can potentially last longer if it is taken care of...and not chewed on. If you have carpenter ants...then you have a real problem. The problem is not your wood siding. They need a pathway to your house. Prune shrubs, bushes and trees away from your house. Also, get a good exterminator. We had them and they can be quite destructive. I don't know if I helped. I also live in the foothills and have considered replacing our existing wood siding. We opted to repaint...but we don't have a goat! Good Luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight