Should I repaint my wood siding or put up some other kind of siding? I want something that needs little maintainence, that my goats won't chew on, the ants won't destroy and that looks good. I live in the Cascade foothills, so it is very damp here too.
I guess the main thing you might want to consider is the cost. It would cost alot less to re-paint, then re-side your house. If cost is no issue, then look into vinyl siding. Wood siding can potentially last longer if it is taken care of...and not chewed on. If you have carpenter ants...then you have a real problem. The problem is not your wood siding. They need a pathway to your house. Prune shrubs, bushes and trees away from your house. Also, get a good exterminator. We had them and they can be quite destructive. I don't know if I helped. I also live in the foothills and have considered replacing our existing wood siding. We opted to repaint...but we don't have a goat! Good Luck!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!