I had a contractor show me an example of Alside Vinyl... but I would like to hear from someone first hand what they think of it & is it really worth the money. Any comments or suggestions would be appreaciated. Thanks, Cmondayblues
I can only give a few general 'pointers'.
Be sure the Contractor is insured and bonded. The material should be AT LEAST .044ml in thickness if it's a good quality price he's charging. Be sure you buy some extra siding for who-knows-what reason down the road. The same goes for some J-channel, corner trim, soffit material, and any other 'item' he's using in the install that MAY go out of 'style'. (See what I mean?) And get 2 more estimates in WRITING, then compare, then start asking questions. If you have a neighbor that's satisfied w/their Installer, consider them.
Perhaps others can help too. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Now's the time to at least put in 'blocks' for additional hose bibs and electrical outlets. You can always punch the blocks (for either or) later on. These items (in the Vinyl Siding World) are called Accessories ...
Don't get me wrong, Alside is good, there is many good vinyl products out there, but after installing for over 30 years I find
Wolverine to give me the best job.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love