I had a contractor show me an example of Alside Vinyl... but I would like to hear from someone first hand what they think of it & is it really worth the money. Any comments or suggestions would be appreaciated. Thanks, Cmondayblues
I can only give a few general 'pointers'.
Be sure the Contractor is insured and bonded. The material should be AT LEAST .044ml in thickness if it's a good quality price he's charging. Be sure you buy some extra siding for who-knows-what reason down the road. The same goes for some J-channel, corner trim, soffit material, and any other 'item' he's using in the install that MAY go out of 'style'. (See what I mean?) And get 2 more estimates in WRITING, then compare, then start asking questions. If you have a neighbor that's satisfied w/their Installer, consider them.
Perhaps others can help too. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Now's the time to at least put in 'blocks' for additional hose bibs and electrical outlets. You can always punch the blocks (for either or) later on. These items (in the Vinyl Siding World) are called Accessories ...
Don't get me wrong, Alside is good, there is many good vinyl products out there, but after installing for over 30 years I find
Wolverine to give me the best job.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps