hot mop vs. torch down
Please check out "liquid applied ceramic roof coatings" at www.icc-astec.com (Michael Rubin 800 345 5306) they will direct you to a local applicator.
Both hot mop and asphalt (black) coatings attract and absorb heat from the sun.
White Ceramic coatings reflect radiant heat from the sun.
I have personally applied these coatings on many types of roofs, and am very impressed.
You'll be glad you did this research.
Good luck, & best regards, Brian Wood.
But to get to the original question, sorry to confuse you even more but there is a rubber type of membrane called EPDM that has taken over the majority of the flat roof market with good reason. It is my first choice to date. I recomend that ypou seek bids for it, too.
Torch down Modified roofing was developed to replace hot mop built up roofs in certain applications. Either material must be applied by a skilled team to give good service. But have numerous potential flaws but either can give you a fifteen year roof, if instsaled properly. They are comparable in my mind and the more important thing to consider is the references and reputation of the installer.
flat roof coatings
Insulation for no attic?
torch down rubber roof - best correct coating needed
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight