I have some ideas for a nice design too.
step 1: use an abrasive cleanser with bleach and scour all surfaces clean.
step 2: sand all areas to be painted with 120 - 150 sandpaper.
step 3: remove all dust.
step 4: apply 1 coat of Zinsser BIN Primer. This is an alcohol-based primer which has tanacious adhesion over hard surfaces.
Step 5: apply 2 coats of 2-part epoxy according to manufacturer's directions. Sherwin-Williams makes a couple of products, Tile-Clad HS, and Sher-Tile Epoxy. You will probably pay $40-50+ per gallon, but they won't yellow like some cheap ones out there.
**Have plenty of ventilation**
Tile entire kitchen floor?
Coutertop Ceramic Tile - Paint or regrout?
Removing Paint from Tile
Need Paint Color Suggestion to Perk Up 1950's Coral ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love