I have some ideas for a nice design too.
step 1: use an abrasive cleanser with bleach and scour all surfaces clean.
step 2: sand all areas to be painted with 120 - 150 sandpaper.
step 3: remove all dust.
step 4: apply 1 coat of Zinsser BIN Primer. This is an alcohol-based primer which has tanacious adhesion over hard surfaces.
Step 5: apply 2 coats of 2-part epoxy according to manufacturer's directions. Sherwin-Williams makes a couple of products, Tile-Clad HS, and Sher-Tile Epoxy. You will probably pay $40-50+ per gallon, but they won't yellow like some cheap ones out there.
**Have plenty of ventilation**
Tile entire kitchen floor?
Coutertop Ceramic Tile - Paint or regrout?
Removing Paint from Tile
Need Paint Color Suggestion to Perk Up 1950's Coral ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects