I have some ideas for a nice design too.
step 1: use an abrasive cleanser with bleach and scour all surfaces clean.
step 2: sand all areas to be painted with 120 - 150 sandpaper.
step 3: remove all dust.
step 4: apply 1 coat of Zinsser BIN Primer. This is an alcohol-based primer which has tanacious adhesion over hard surfaces.
Step 5: apply 2 coats of 2-part epoxy according to manufacturer's directions. Sherwin-Williams makes a couple of products, Tile-Clad HS, and Sher-Tile Epoxy. You will probably pay $40-50+ per gallon, but they won't yellow like some cheap ones out there.
**Have plenty of ventilation**
Tile entire kitchen floor?
Coutertop Ceramic Tile - Paint or regrout?
Removing Paint from Tile
Need Paint Color Suggestion to Perk Up 1950's Coral ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs