I have some ideas for a nice design too.
step 1: use an abrasive cleanser with bleach and scour all surfaces clean.
step 2: sand all areas to be painted with 120 - 150 sandpaper.
step 3: remove all dust.
step 4: apply 1 coat of Zinsser BIN Primer. This is an alcohol-based primer which has tanacious adhesion over hard surfaces.
Step 5: apply 2 coats of 2-part epoxy according to manufacturer's directions. Sherwin-Williams makes a couple of products, Tile-Clad HS, and Sher-Tile Epoxy. You will probably pay $40-50+ per gallon, but they won't yellow like some cheap ones out there.
**Have plenty of ventilation**
Tile entire kitchen floor?
Coutertop Ceramic Tile - Paint or regrout?
Removing Paint from Tile
Need Paint Color Suggestion to Perk Up 1950's Coral ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs