I have some ideas for a nice design too.
step 1: use an abrasive cleanser with bleach and scour all surfaces clean.
step 2: sand all areas to be painted with 120 - 150 sandpaper.
step 3: remove all dust.
step 4: apply 1 coat of Zinsser BIN Primer. This is an alcohol-based primer which has tanacious adhesion over hard surfaces.
Step 5: apply 2 coats of 2-part epoxy according to manufacturer's directions. Sherwin-Williams makes a couple of products, Tile-Clad HS, and Sher-Tile Epoxy. You will probably pay $40-50+ per gallon, but they won't yellow like some cheap ones out there.
**Have plenty of ventilation**
Tile entire kitchen floor?
Coutertop Ceramic Tile - Paint or regrout?
Removing Paint from Tile
Need Paint Color Suggestion to Perk Up 1950's Coral ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!