Wood Floors off the Internet
What you could do is ctc. the Mfgr. to see if they're a 'Prefered Retailer'. You can 'express' your concerns to them to see if there are any registered complaints. I would assume that if there aren't any that it's OK to do. Be SURE that the Retailer address and phone # 'match' what you're finding on the net. If not, or if it's like a P.O Box (if you know what I mean), forget it.
The only thing that I like about buying 'in person' is in case you have to return something. Customer Service has a price. Personally, I only do small purchases over the Net for personal 'things'. Again, I like to see who I'm doing business with.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Perhaps the Internet Retailer just puts you in touch w/a local Retailer. Kinda like how some of those Internet "We've can get you a new car for $100 over cost!" gimicks are. They simply put you in touch w/a car dealer in your area. For me, that's OK if that's how the Internet Floor Retailer is operating ...
I tend to agree with your sentiment, Jay, about buying only small things off the Internet: thus my reluctance. But $2.25 per square foot for select-grade, 3-inch by 3/4-inch Brazilian Cherry (not American Cherry, but the very hard Barzilian Cherry) is almost too good to pass up. (Home Depot does not even sell the cheap, common-grade red oak for that price). I have received samples and they look great. Anyone else have any experience?
Help! Wood Floors in Florida?
we found wood!!! how do we get this black gunk off!
wood floor installation--is this right?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes