Wood Floors off the Internet
What you could do is ctc. the Mfgr. to see if they're a 'Prefered Retailer'. You can 'express' your concerns to them to see if there are any registered complaints. I would assume that if there aren't any that it's OK to do. Be SURE that the Retailer address and phone # 'match' what you're finding on the net. If not, or if it's like a P.O Box (if you know what I mean), forget it.
The only thing that I like about buying 'in person' is in case you have to return something. Customer Service has a price. Personally, I only do small purchases over the Net for personal 'things'. Again, I like to see who I'm doing business with.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Perhaps the Internet Retailer just puts you in touch w/a local Retailer. Kinda like how some of those Internet "We've can get you a new car for $100 over cost!" gimicks are. They simply put you in touch w/a car dealer in your area. For me, that's OK if that's how the Internet Floor Retailer is operating ...
I tend to agree with your sentiment, Jay, about buying only small things off the Internet: thus my reluctance. But $2.25 per square foot for select-grade, 3-inch by 3/4-inch Brazilian Cherry (not American Cherry, but the very hard Barzilian Cherry) is almost too good to pass up. (Home Depot does not even sell the cheap, common-grade red oak for that price). I have received samples and they look great. Anyone else have any experience?
Help! Wood Floors in Florida?
we found wood!!! how do we get this black gunk off!
wood floor installation--is this right?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING