Laminate flooring on stairs
Does the quote for the stairs sound reasonable? If not, how difficult will it be for us to install the laminate on the stairs ourselves? Any suggestions on where we might be able to find installation instructions for the stairs?
Thanks for your help!
Laminate is a very wise choice for steps cause you never have to worry about your steps again. But having said that, a wool carpet runner would be the only correct choice after the laminate, to help with slip resistance and add the perfect finishing touch.
weather or not it is possible, I would have to see a picture if that is possible.
1,000 or about 75 bucks a step is VERY reasonable. But, get another quote from a full service flooring ONLY store first, just to make sure the Depot didnt pad the job too much.
I recently had an extremely difficult set of stairs done for a client, and the installer unscrewed the banister and reinstalled it when it was done. I will be taking pics in a couple weeks. They simply love it.
The reasoon the price is reasonable even for a much more simpler set of stairs, is because most of the time, stairs need more work done to em before install can start, and it could take a couple hours a step before its all through. Not a bad rate when you put it in perspective.
It is true, that is some cases, you need to use an over the top stairnose which has a small lip, but alot of the times, you can get a flush stairnose too.
If you are interested is an easier DIY product go to www.wilsonart.com.
They have a product called one-step which has a stairnose already connected to the laminate. trim the sides, trim the back, badda boom badda bing, laminate step!
good luck, and get back to me if you can get a pic of the steps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs