Laminate flooring on stairs
Does the quote for the stairs sound reasonable? If not, how difficult will it be for us to install the laminate on the stairs ourselves? Any suggestions on where we might be able to find installation instructions for the stairs?
Thanks for your help!
Laminate is a very wise choice for steps cause you never have to worry about your steps again. But having said that, a wool carpet runner would be the only correct choice after the laminate, to help with slip resistance and add the perfect finishing touch.
weather or not it is possible, I would have to see a picture if that is possible.
1,000 or about 75 bucks a step is VERY reasonable. But, get another quote from a full service flooring ONLY store first, just to make sure the Depot didnt pad the job too much.
I recently had an extremely difficult set of stairs done for a client, and the installer unscrewed the banister and reinstalled it when it was done. I will be taking pics in a couple weeks. They simply love it.
The reasoon the price is reasonable even for a much more simpler set of stairs, is because most of the time, stairs need more work done to em before install can start, and it could take a couple hours a step before its all through. Not a bad rate when you put it in perspective.
It is true, that is some cases, you need to use an over the top stairnose which has a small lip, but alot of the times, you can get a flush stairnose too.
If you are interested is an easier DIY product go to www.wilsonart.com.
They have a product called one-step which has a stairnose already connected to the laminate. trim the sides, trim the back, badda boom badda bing, laminate step!
good luck, and get back to me if you can get a pic of the steps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps