I hate the baby blue ceramic floor tiles in my bathroom. To keep cost down, I want to apply a concrete floor over it. Can and should this be done - if so, how?
Thanks for the quick response Tileguybob. If you don't mind, I have a followup question. The replacement will not be new tiles. It'll be a layer of concrete only, I'm doing a faux stone finish with it. Will concrete adhere to the surface or do I have to prime first with sonmething else. Again, thanks so much for your response
I'm not up on concrete work but I would imagine a primer should be used to help the concrete adhere. There are Self Leveling Cements that we use over tile to get the floor flat for new tile so that may be a possibility also. I am also not sure of a minimum thickness you would need for the concrete to be. If nobody else answers here try over at http://www.floorstransformed.com and repeat your question. Thee are a few cement guys who pop in from time to time and may have the correct answer for you.
new ceramic tiles but grout cracking
CERAMIC TILES OUTDOORS???
Hardwood Over Ceramic Tile
CAN CERAMIC TILE BE LAID OVER CERAMIC TILE...HELP!?!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes