I hate the baby blue ceramic floor tiles in my bathroom. To keep cost down, I want to apply a concrete floor over it. Can and should this be done - if so, how?
Thanks for the quick response Tileguybob. If you don't mind, I have a followup question. The replacement will not be new tiles. It'll be a layer of concrete only, I'm doing a faux stone finish with it. Will concrete adhere to the surface or do I have to prime first with sonmething else. Again, thanks so much for your response
I'm not up on concrete work but I would imagine a primer should be used to help the concrete adhere. There are Self Leveling Cements that we use over tile to get the floor flat for new tile so that may be a possibility also. I am also not sure of a minimum thickness you would need for the concrete to be. If nobody else answers here try over at http://www.floorstransformed.com and repeat your question. Thee are a few cement guys who pop in from time to time and may have the correct answer for you.
new ceramic tiles but grout cracking
CERAMIC TILES OUTDOORS???
Hardwood Over Ceramic Tile
CAN CERAMIC TILE BE LAID OVER CERAMIC TILE...HELP!?!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!