Genius Ways to Hide
Every Wire in Your Home
1. Hook cords to the back of your furniture.
*BobVila.com and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.
2. Corral cables behind the couch.
3. Hide TV wires in plain sight.
The best solution for keeping the cords of a wall-mounted TV out of sight involves hiding them behind the wall itself using recessed cable plates.
4. Run TV wires inside the wall.
Making a few creative modifications to a desk drawer can do away with the eyesore of a clunky power strip parked on the floor and overflowing with cords.
6. Slip them into a drawer.
7. Snake cords through baseboard accessories.
8. Stash wires and routers in “books.”
10. Add living room furniture with hidden outlets.
12. Add wainscoting to create a channel for wires.
Get the Newsletter
Sign up to receive the best tips and tricks, the latest news and giveaways, and the most inspiring home improvement ideas from Bob Vila, America's Handyman since 1979.