Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


07:39AM | 12/09/01
Member Since: 12/08/01
1 lifetime posts
We replaced a sink and cabinet that was made in the 50's. Both aluminum strip moldings were ruined and I would like to know if these aluminum strip moldings can be replaced with something else. Any suggestions?


11:17AM | 12/14/01
Member Since: 01/16/01
71 lifetime posts
Hi lee942,

I'm not sure where the moldings you describe as ruined came from. Are they from the rim between the sink and the counter or are they from the cabinet/countertop edge?

If their from the countertop edge and you're not in a rush, you could try replacing the aluminum strip moldings with new ones. I ordered the full catalog from to look for manufactured plaster crown moldings and remembered seeing the aluminum strip moldings on a few of the pages. (It stuck in my mind because it reminded me of the "Happy Days" TV sitcom)

If the moldings are from the sink rim, check or ask in a plumbing supply store or the plumbing section of your big orange or blue store. They should be able to point you to replacement pieces and options.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button