Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


06:11PM | 02/24/03
Member Since: 02/06/03
5 lifetime posts
I am trying to replace an old GE sink dispoesr with a new In-Sink Erator model (555).

I was having difficulty trying to get the sink flange separated from the support ring (with 3 screws on the underside of the sink).

It seems to have a lip which is locking the sink flange in place. Do I need special tools to get this apart? Any thoughts?

(I would have left the old sink flange assembly in place but the new disposer unit will not fit to the existing s/f assembly...)


04:31AM | 02/25/03
Member Since: 03/13/00
1674 lifetime posts
I believe there is a metal ring that holds it in place. When you have located it, you can easily pry it off with a screwdriver.
Look at the new one and the instructions that come with it for more info.

[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited February 25, 2003).]


04:06PM | 02/25/03
Member Since: 02/06/03
5 lifetime posts
Thanks! That was it.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button