Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


07:33PM | 07/19/04
Member Since: 07/18/04
1 lifetime posts
My wife and I bought a house built in the 1960's. The fixtures are 13" square recessed lights. Are there any replacement fixtures for lights like these? I tried to look up the manufacturer online (Markstone Lighting), but didn't have much luck. Outside of tearing the lights out completely and putting in new drywall to cover the 13" square hole. Are there other options?


11:53AM | 09/12/04
Member Since: 09/11/04
1 lifetime posts
Yes, I am having the same trouble. I can't seem to find a cover for a 12" square recesssed light by Markstone. Any help or alternative would be appreciated.


10:05AM | 09/13/04
Member Since: 03/13/00
1674 lifetime posts
Have you tried these people?


09:34AM | 09/07/14
I have some old square 12" recessed lights. I was surprised there is no easy solution. I built a prototype using the existing frame, a .187 piece of white plastic and a LED retrofit light. It needs to be painted to match the ceiling- but this was easy and actually looks better than I hoped. Much better than the orig. square lights.
Retrofit prototype

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button