Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


08:28AM | 08/23/08
Member Since: 08/22/08
1 lifetime posts
I need to change a very high lightbulb over a staircase. I have a telescoping tool I use to change other bulbs, but this one is in a flush ceiling mounted fixture. How do I get the fixture off so that I can change the bulb? Is there some type of ladder designed for staircases? I'd hate for having to purchase an expensive ladder to be my only option!


10:55AM | 08/23/08
Member Since: 04/25/05
1915 lifetime posts
There are ladders that can be used on stairs.

They have expandable legs.

The most common brand is the Little Giant.

However they are very expensive.

HD has them and a house brand knockoff, Gorrila ladders.

Lowes has a knockoff by Werner.

Your other option is make a box to fillin the steps height different.

Be careful that needs to be securly made.

Rental house have rent ladder, might see if they rent this style.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button