Latest Discussions : Plumbing


01:00PM | 05/06/03
Member Since: 05/05/03
1 lifetime posts
We have bought a house that had water piped in garden hoses and electricty through extension cords from a neighbor a mile away... We prefer to have our own well and electricty put in but have never attempted either and have very little money. The well was dug and capped this week and now we are gathering our supplies but I need to know where the pressure tank or "captive air tank" will go as we have no information on this yet. Does it sit in the pumphouse or in the house or in the middle somewhere?

Jim D

12:36AM | 05/07/03
Member Since: 01/06/01
342 lifetime posts
Ladyblue_Angie - hi, my captive air tank was located inside the pumphouse at my last home. (I was a renter there and the original tank developed a nonrepairable leak. I had to buy a new tank and have the local plumber put it in for me.) Have you had a plumber come out and look it all over for you? The plumber should be able to help you get an adequate tank size so you don't buy one too large or too small for your home. I hope this helps some - regards! Jim D/Heathsville, VA


03:31AM | 05/07/03
Member Since: 09/17/02
524 lifetime posts
The pressure tank is normally beside the pump. It can go anywhere on the plumbing system however and still work properly.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button