Hi all, I recently found out I've got asbestos in the tile and mastic throughout my house. The stuff was in pretty bad shape, so I took it up with scrapers and Bean-e-Doo.
Anywho, I'd like to put a seal down in the rooms I'll be carpeting (the thinset will take care of the rooms I'm tiling), just to make certain any residue or asbestos left in cracks isn't an issue. Any suggestions / recommendations for a sealant? I've alternately heard / read that I can use Ardex Feather Finish, a self-leveling compound like LevelQuik or Custom Buildling Product's SpeedFinish (SpeedFinish was recommended to me by a guy from Custom Building Product).
I'd like to avoid having to trowel anything on if I could, I'm just wondering if stuff like LevelQuick or SpeedFinish will hold up over the years with carpet on it.
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects