how is this type of floor able to be evened out and fixed? Will i need to repoor the floor? I want to make it liveable,however it is dry.
You also could patch the large holes and cracks with cement of a similar consistency as your current floor and then pour the leveling compound over it to seal it and conceal the patchwork.
[This message has been edited by Lawrence (edited March 14, 2002).]
It would be a good idea to use fiber reinforced concrete for this job to help prevent future cracking. The fibers are added at the concrete plant so no additional work is required although the cost of the concrete is slightly higher than without the fiber. Using welded wire fabric reinforcement is another possibility but will cost about the same and requires more work. Whichever you decide to use, if you have never worked with concrete before, you will want to hire a professional concrete finisher to do the work.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes