Our basement is 2 years old. We've had problems with water coming up through floor cracks but not enough to flood the basement. It leaks during the winter months usually after the first heavy rain (December/January) then it doesn't stop leaking until May/June. It hasn't rained in over a week and we still have water coming in. It will dry up and then 2 days later, the water will start coming back in. We just installed a sump pump last week and water is being pumped out but there is still a lot of water coming through the crack. The crack will be fixed once it dries out. The perimeter drain is working fine and everything is sloped away from the house. I don't know if the water has found that certain crack to come in at and will keep doing that until we get it fixed. We assumed the sump pump would have taken care of that problem. Does anyone know what else to do? It just doesn't make since to me how it will dry up and then start leaking again.
That house was built on an area with a groundwater table. Getting the sump pump was the right thing to do. Try setting the turn on level for the pump lower, or digging the sump lower to get the crack water down. Hopefully the sump is in the lowest spot on the floor. C.
i`ve had many people call me with same problem in last 2 months, water coming up through cracks in bsmt floor...so far all have been solved by a plumber i recommend who has snaked through floor drains and the main..out to street and back towards backyard, and all problems,clogs(hairline roots)were when he snaked under floor towards the back. As soon as he broke through(took 3--5 try`s) you could hear a good whoosh and the water they all had sitting on their floor for dyas `n weeks receded. The homeowner did try a diffreent plumber a while back but that guy didnt go towards the back..only out towards street. If that doesnt get it done for you then you may need another sump or try what 'Cellar" recommends. gl
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!