Our house is 7-8 months old in the Central PA area. We have been running a dehumidifier in the basement for several months. It was filling up about every 5 days until the recent hot/humid weather has it filling up daily. I read it was good to remove the moisture in a new house, but is a dehumidifier useful in the summer? After the house settles/dries is it a good ides to continue? I hope to refinish the basement in a year or two, already seen a lot of print on that topic.
I have a brand new house in south texas and my humidity levels were high around 65%.During the winter months the humidity is fine.I have done much research on the subject and found that humidity levels above 55% is unhealthy. I have my dehumidifier set for 50% relative humidity and maintain that throughtout the year. This will solve mold and dust-mite problems.This also is a good setting if you have wood floors which require 50% for warranty purposes.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!