Condensation on OUTSIDE of Windows
Your 'problem' is very normal since the INSIDE temp. is cooler than the outside temp. where the moisture is condensing. When it's 90 degrees outside w/90% humidity (and it's 75 degrees inside), you're gonna get condensation.
The solution may be easy. I'm gonna bet your problem is happening where there's little sun AND a lot of 'obstructions' to airflow. If ou were to trim some bushes and/or trees and/or plants (to increase sun and air flow), you problem may go away. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you also have some mold and mildew UNDER the windows (outside) on the walls too. Again, if this is the case, start pruning!
Just for my curiosity, let me know 'how I am doing' with my 'prediction'. As I always say, "Sometimes, if you alter the environmental conditions just enough, you may solve your problem."
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: A mixture of 1 cup bleach to 1 gallon of water is enough to kill and clean any mold/mildew you have. You can use a scrubbing brush to do the job. If you want to be SURE you kill the mold/mildew, use 2 cups. Just do what you can to prevent the mixture from getting on the leaves of your plants. Oh, and when you're done, RINSE THOROUGHLY!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!