Condensation on OUTSIDE of Windows
Your 'problem' is very normal since the INSIDE temp. is cooler than the outside temp. where the moisture is condensing. When it's 90 degrees outside w/90% humidity (and it's 75 degrees inside), you're gonna get condensation.
The solution may be easy. I'm gonna bet your problem is happening where there's little sun AND a lot of 'obstructions' to airflow. If ou were to trim some bushes and/or trees and/or plants (to increase sun and air flow), you problem may go away. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you also have some mold and mildew UNDER the windows (outside) on the walls too. Again, if this is the case, start pruning!
Just for my curiosity, let me know 'how I am doing' with my 'prediction'. As I always say, "Sometimes, if you alter the environmental conditions just enough, you may solve your problem."
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: A mixture of 1 cup bleach to 1 gallon of water is enough to kill and clean any mold/mildew you have. You can use a scrubbing brush to do the job. If you want to be SURE you kill the mold/mildew, use 2 cups. Just do what you can to prevent the mixture from getting on the leaves of your plants. Oh, and when you're done, RINSE THOROUGHLY!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight