Condensation on OUTSIDE of Windows
Your 'problem' is very normal since the INSIDE temp. is cooler than the outside temp. where the moisture is condensing. When it's 90 degrees outside w/90% humidity (and it's 75 degrees inside), you're gonna get condensation.
The solution may be easy. I'm gonna bet your problem is happening where there's little sun AND a lot of 'obstructions' to airflow. If ou were to trim some bushes and/or trees and/or plants (to increase sun and air flow), you problem may go away. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you also have some mold and mildew UNDER the windows (outside) on the walls too. Again, if this is the case, start pruning!
Just for my curiosity, let me know 'how I am doing' with my 'prediction'. As I always say, "Sometimes, if you alter the environmental conditions just enough, you may solve your problem."
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: A mixture of 1 cup bleach to 1 gallon of water is enough to kill and clean any mold/mildew you have. You can use a scrubbing brush to do the job. If you want to be SURE you kill the mold/mildew, use 2 cups. Just do what you can to prevent the mixture from getting on the leaves of your plants. Oh, and when you're done, RINSE THOROUGHLY!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!