Condensation on OUTSIDE of Windows
Your 'problem' is very normal since the INSIDE temp. is cooler than the outside temp. where the moisture is condensing. When it's 90 degrees outside w/90% humidity (and it's 75 degrees inside), you're gonna get condensation.
The solution may be easy. I'm gonna bet your problem is happening where there's little sun AND a lot of 'obstructions' to airflow. If ou were to trim some bushes and/or trees and/or plants (to increase sun and air flow), you problem may go away. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you also have some mold and mildew UNDER the windows (outside) on the walls too. Again, if this is the case, start pruning!
Just for my curiosity, let me know 'how I am doing' with my 'prediction'. As I always say, "Sometimes, if you alter the environmental conditions just enough, you may solve your problem."
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: A mixture of 1 cup bleach to 1 gallon of water is enough to kill and clean any mold/mildew you have. You can use a scrubbing brush to do the job. If you want to be SURE you kill the mold/mildew, use 2 cups. Just do what you can to prevent the mixture from getting on the leaves of your plants. Oh, and when you're done, RINSE THOROUGHLY!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 5 Things to Do with... Colanders
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps