I live on the outskirts of town, and the we have recently been recognized by the city as being in city limits. They required all houses to be hooked up to the city sewer lines, which I recently did.
When the contractor dug up my back yard, hooked up the sewer and replaced the dirt, it left large mounds of dirt and did not settle even close to level. I was told to let the dirt settle into place naturally, but it has been almost a year and it still looks the same. I will be selling my house this year, and these mounds look terrible. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to level these?
If it was my house, I would take a shovel and level it off by removing excess dirt. The contractor was right in the the dirt will compact over time, but they have filled part of the hole with pipe and bedding material. You can spread the removed dirt around your yard, or maybe offer it as fill to somebody.
Cutting exposed rock in yard
type of grass
How can I encourage my neighbors dog to do his busin...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!