I live on the outskirts of town, and the we have recently been recognized by the city as being in city limits. They required all houses to be hooked up to the city sewer lines, which I recently did.
When the contractor dug up my back yard, hooked up the sewer and replaced the dirt, it left large mounds of dirt and did not settle even close to level. I was told to let the dirt settle into place naturally, but it has been almost a year and it still looks the same. I will be selling my house this year, and these mounds look terrible. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to level these?
If it was my house, I would take a shovel and level it off by removing excess dirt. The contractor was right in the the dirt will compact over time, but they have filled part of the hole with pipe and bedding material. You can spread the removed dirt around your yard, or maybe offer it as fill to somebody.
Cutting exposed rock in yard
type of grass
How can I encourage my neighbors dog to do his busin...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!