I saw a mouse in the house the other day. I've set traps with peanut butter and with cheese. Still haven't caught the mouse. I don't want to use poison since I don't want a dead mouse rotting somewhere unknown in the house and the son's hamster escapes occasionally.
Despite co-workers' enthusiastic suggestions, I'm not getting a snake. From there it became a rat to catch the mouse, a snake to catch the rat, a mongoose to catch the snake......
Any (reasonable) suggestions?
set the trap where you find the mouse poop, cause then you know the mouse frequents that area, then the peanut butter will probably work on the trap. this works for me, and where there is one mouse, there are a few, so expect to land a few as time goes by.
Despite what people say, I have yet to catch a mouse with cheese (I too own a hampster and she won't touch the stuff), but Peanut butter should work. Of not, the next best thing is a sugar cube. Cats are the best, but they tend to leave mutilated mouse lying around. :o} Hope you catch the Mouse soon!
How to inspect a building when the utulities are tur...
Removing paint from brick
HOW TO GET RID OF BATS IN THE ATTIC??
help help help-how to get candle wax out of a sweats...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight