steel studded walls
If you take a trip to your local home store,you'll see what you're working with.Metal studs can be drilled fairly easily to accept screws,in fact,when the drywall is installed (hung) the screws used are self tapping (no pre-drilling required).When the studs are drilled to the footer and header,then drywall attached,you end up with a very sound surface on which you can mount cabinets.Everything kind of holds everything together.
If your wall is already covered you still have a few options. Depending on the weight of what you are hanging you use "hollow wall anchors" these can be toggle bolts (probably best) or the plastic anchors that expand behind the wall. If you are hanging substantial weight you can remove the drywall that will be hidden by your cabinets, install blocking, reinstall the drywall and then your cabinets. Another option would be to hang your cabinets and run a support from the cabinet to the floor on top of the drywall. You can dress it up or even use shelf supports to accomplish this.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes