I just moved into a new place and bought a chlorine tablet to put into my toilet tank. I dropped it in and later on that night discovered the bowl was blocked.
I looked in the tank and the tab was gone, and of course there was a warning not to put tabs in that I had missed the first time I took the top of the tank.
Plunging seems to get the water to go down to a normal level, however now I see water coming out of my shower/tub drain when I plunge. It drains slowly, but it drains at least from the tub. Probably not a good sign.
So how do I get the tab out? I've read online that tabs are the devil and are a pain to dissolve and get out of a line. I feel like an idiot as it is and don't want to call my landlord and tell him as much. So hopefully any one of you can give me advice so I can get this solved myself.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!