I just moved into a new place and bought a chlorine tablet to put into my toilet tank. I dropped it in and later on that night discovered the bowl was blocked.
I looked in the tank and the tab was gone, and of course there was a warning not to put tabs in that I had missed the first time I took the top of the tank.
Plunging seems to get the water to go down to a normal level, however now I see water coming out of my shower/tub drain when I plunge. It drains slowly, but it drains at least from the tub. Probably not a good sign.
So how do I get the tab out? I've read online that tabs are the devil and are a pain to dissolve and get out of a line. I feel like an idiot as it is and don't want to call my landlord and tell him as much. So hopefully any one of you can give me advice so I can get this solved myself.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight