The title says it all. My Craftman 1/2 HP GD opener works, but only when I turn off the ignition of my Jeep. When I back out of the garage, I turn off the engine, push the remote, and restart my car. Its kind of a hassel. Any suggestions on what may be wrong?
Sounds like you have Gremlins! But seriously, I imagine that you're having some kind of electrical interference problem. Is your radio/cassette/CD on, if so try the remote with the radio off. Try using the remote with your hand out the window to see if something else in the car is providing interference. Also try getting out of the car (with it running) and stand in front of the car and try the remote. Finally (really I should of mentioned this first), check/change the battery in the remote.
If none of these isolates the problem, then call an exorcist. ;-)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!