The title says it all. My Craftman 1/2 HP GD opener works, but only when I turn off the ignition of my Jeep. When I back out of the garage, I turn off the engine, push the remote, and restart my car. Its kind of a hassel. Any suggestions on what may be wrong?
Sounds like you have Gremlins! But seriously, I imagine that you're having some kind of electrical interference problem. Is your radio/cassette/CD on, if so try the remote with the radio off. Try using the remote with your hand out the window to see if something else in the car is providing interference. Also try getting out of the car (with it running) and stand in front of the car and try the remote. Finally (really I should of mentioned this first), check/change the battery in the remote.
If none of these isolates the problem, then call an exorcist. ;-)
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!