I had a contractor show me an example of Alside Vinyl... but I would like to hear from someone first hand what they think of it & is it really worth the money. Any comments or suggestions would be appreaciated. Thanks, Cmondayblues
I can only give a few general 'pointers'.
Be sure the Contractor is insured and bonded. The material should be AT LEAST .044ml in thickness if it's a good quality price he's charging. Be sure you buy some extra siding for who-knows-what reason down the road. The same goes for some J-channel, corner trim, soffit material, and any other 'item' he's using in the install that MAY go out of 'style'. (See what I mean?) And get 2 more estimates in WRITING, then compare, then start asking questions. If you have a neighbor that's satisfied w/their Installer, consider them.
Perhaps others can help too. My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Now's the time to at least put in 'blocks' for additional hose bibs and electrical outlets. You can always punch the blocks (for either or) later on. These items (in the Vinyl Siding World) are called Accessories ...
Don't get me wrong, Alside is good, there is many good vinyl products out there, but after installing for over 30 years I find
Wolverine to give me the best job.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!