Painting exterior steel door
For some reason, the paint and primer is peeling off of our 3 year old steel exterior door. We need to repaint it. Is this better done by a professional or is this something we can do on our own. Do we essentially have to strip all the paint and primer off, rent an air compressor and spray painter, and reprime/repaint it? What is the minimum temperature to do this in (it's been about 15F for the last several weeks)? Where could get get a temporary spare door? Thanks in advance.
I would strip it off, and then make sure you get a good bonding primer made for metal. Depending on the door use a brush or brush and roller. If you use a roller, lightly brush over the area in one direction.
You can easily strip your metal door with the PEEL AWAY I product then re prime and paint. Ask your paint store for the best available products for doing the re painting
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!