we are going to be putting in new flooring in our living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway. i want a very light wood floor. we have four dogs that can be pretty hard on the floor. does anyone have any experience with pergo vs real wood? durabilty, look (like real wood) etc. thanks!
I have installed both laminated wood and Pergo (as well as other laminate products). Real wood will scratch and dent more than other laminated products. Real wood can be refinished, while other laminated products can not.
If you like the look of real wood, use real wood. However, Pergo and other laminates are very attractive and durable alternatives.
type of wood floor
Wood Floors VS. Tile Floor
resealing wood floor without totally sanding the who...
hardwood floor VS rugs
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!