we are going to be putting in new flooring in our living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway. i want a very light wood floor. we have four dogs that can be pretty hard on the floor. does anyone have any experience with pergo vs real wood? durabilty, look (like real wood) etc. thanks!
I have installed both laminated wood and Pergo (as well as other laminate products). Real wood will scratch and dent more than other laminated products. Real wood can be refinished, while other laminated products can not.
If you like the look of real wood, use real wood. However, Pergo and other laminates are very attractive and durable alternatives.
type of wood floor
resealing wood floor without totally sanding the who...
Wood Floors VS. Tile Floor
hardwood floor VS rugs
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING