we are going to be putting in new flooring in our living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway. i want a very light wood floor. we have four dogs that can be pretty hard on the floor. does anyone have any experience with pergo vs real wood? durabilty, look (like real wood) etc. thanks!
I have installed both laminated wood and Pergo (as well as other laminate products). Real wood will scratch and dent more than other laminated products. Real wood can be refinished, while other laminated products can not.
If you like the look of real wood, use real wood. However, Pergo and other laminates are very attractive and durable alternatives.
type of wood floor
resealing wood floor without totally sanding the who...
Wood Floors VS. Tile Floor
hardwood floor VS rugs
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight