we are going to be putting in new flooring in our living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway. i want a very light wood floor. we have four dogs that can be pretty hard on the floor. does anyone have any experience with pergo vs real wood? durabilty, look (like real wood) etc. thanks!
I have installed both laminated wood and Pergo (as well as other laminate products). Real wood will scratch and dent more than other laminated products. Real wood can be refinished, while other laminated products can not.
If you like the look of real wood, use real wood. However, Pergo and other laminates are very attractive and durable alternatives.
type of wood floor
Wood Floors VS. Tile Floor
resealing wood floor without totally sanding the who...
hardwood floor VS rugs
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects