Latest Discussions : Tools & Workshop


09:10PM | 12/26/99
Member Since: 10/10/98
34 lifetime posts
We have a 1954 kitchen which is in really good shape, except for cabinet refinishing, and the counter top. As we refinish the cabinets, the counter really begins to look bad. It’s the standard 1950’s look with Formica, edged with stainless steel.

Somewhere in the future is a completely new kitchen, but to appease the wife, I am looking for a way to update the countertop, and maybe buy us a couple of years before the remodel.

The idea here is to cut out the panels to fit within the lip of the stainless edging (not underneath), then clue it to the top of the old surface. Is that possible? What needs to be done?

Thanks - TomR

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button