Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting

Aardvark

10:23AM | 06/30/02
Member Since: 05/29/02
46 lifetime posts

I need to know what steps needs to be taken to ensure no electrical fires occur in my house. Reading stories about houses going up in smoke due to an electric short or other malfunction is scary.

rpxlpx

03:11AM | 07/03/02
Member Since: 03/13/00
1674 lifetime posts
Since nobody has made any suggestions yet, I'll start the ball rolling. Ensure that your breaker (or fuse) box and house wiring are normal and proper. If it's an old house, you might want to have a licensed electrician inspect it. New houses are required to meet pretty rigid standards when built.
If all's well, go from there. Things you can do: Don't overload outlets with too many devices. Don't use old, cracked, or damaged extension cords. If you experience a shock or tingle when using or touching any electrical device, disconnect that device and get it repaired or replaced.
More ideas, comments from others?



Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button

Anonymous

Post new button or Login button
Register