Hi...I've replaced the drain basket in a whirlpool tub, only to find the drain is leaking because the drain shoe is not coming close to putting sufficient pressure on the shoe gasket (from beneath) to create a proper seal. The gap between the shoe and the tub, even with the gasket, seems too large...should I sandwich two gaskets between the shoe and tub bototm to bridge the gap?
This seemed like a very simple replacement, just removing the old drain, and putting a new one in, but right now its become a headache. I'm wondering if there's perhaps some other factor I'm possibly just not considering. Any help appreciated.
Although there were no replies to this, I thought I would post my successful resolution. Further research into the problem revealed that the threads within the shoe had been damaged by multiple attempts at reinstalling the drain, with the shoe not aligned properly. The solution was to replace the shoe, and the new drain screwed into the new unit without difficulty. Barring unforseen problems, this appears to have solved the problem.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes