My sons painted door sticks when ever it is closed for more than an hour. Whenever we open the door, it makes an awful noise which usually wakes him up. I've tried sanding the door where ever it touches the frame to no avail. Any other suggestions?
Something that has worked for me on sticky, painted wood windows and several other things is parafin wax. It doesn't make a mess and doesn't get on your clothes, etc. It's the same stuff used for home canning jelly, etc. You can get it at hardware or grocery stores at the right time of year. I've found that rubbing some on the surface of my table saw allows the wood to slide smoothly without sticking. It's cheap, too.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight