My sons painted door sticks when ever it is closed for more than an hour. Whenever we open the door, it makes an awful noise which usually wakes him up. I've tried sanding the door where ever it touches the frame to no avail. Any other suggestions?
Something that has worked for me on sticky, painted wood windows and several other things is parafin wax. It doesn't make a mess and doesn't get on your clothes, etc. It's the same stuff used for home canning jelly, etc. You can get it at hardware or grocery stores at the right time of year. I've found that rubbing some on the surface of my table saw allows the wood to slide smoothly without sticking. It's cheap, too.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!