Very good question!!!
Pros: Certainly less expensive. All pre-framed material is cut at very precise measurements. Weathering is not an 'issue' (so to speak.)
Cons: Probably limited in 'custom' requests, and perhaps VERY expensive for 'subtle' changes. Very low threshold for 'intollerances' where the pieces 'meet'.
I can't think of anything else but I'm sure there are others, either way. Do you have a specific concern???
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Start searching around at Prefabricated Homes WEB Links for info ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!