Very good question!!!
Pros: Certainly less expensive. All pre-framed material is cut at very precise measurements. Weathering is not an 'issue' (so to speak.)
Cons: Probably limited in 'custom' requests, and perhaps VERY expensive for 'subtle' changes. Very low threshold for 'intollerances' where the pieces 'meet'.
I can't think of anything else but I'm sure there are others, either way. Do you have a specific concern???
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Start searching around at Prefabricated Homes WEB Links for info ...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight