Very good question!!!
Pros: Certainly less expensive. All pre-framed material is cut at very precise measurements. Weathering is not an 'issue' (so to speak.)
Cons: Probably limited in 'custom' requests, and perhaps VERY expensive for 'subtle' changes. Very low threshold for 'intollerances' where the pieces 'meet'.
I can't think of anything else but I'm sure there are others, either way. Do you have a specific concern???
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Start searching around at Prefabricated Homes WEB Links for info ...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers