Very good question!!!
Pros: Certainly less expensive. All pre-framed material is cut at very precise measurements. Weathering is not an 'issue' (so to speak.)
Cons: Probably limited in 'custom' requests, and perhaps VERY expensive for 'subtle' changes. Very low threshold for 'intollerances' where the pieces 'meet'.
I can't think of anything else but I'm sure there are others, either way. Do you have a specific concern???
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Start searching around at Prefabricated Homes WEB Links for info ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!