My wife and I bought a house built in the 1960's. The fixtures are 13" square recessed lights. Are there any replacement fixtures for lights like these? I tried to look up the manufacturer online (Markstone Lighting), but didn't have much luck. Outside of tearing the lights out completely and putting in new drywall to cover the 13" square hole. Are there other options?
Yes, I am having the same trouble. I can't seem to find a cover for a 12" square recesssed light by Markstone. Any help or alternative would be appreciated.
I have some old square 12" recessed lights. I was surprised there is no easy solution. I built a prototype using the existing frame, a .187 piece of white plastic and a LED retrofit light. It needs to be painted to match the ceiling- but this was easy and actually looks better than I hoped. Much better than the orig. square lights.
How to Replacing Low-Voltage fixtures with High Hats
Ceiling is cracking around light fixtures
removing an old light fixture - what to do with the ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects