My problem is when I turn on the kitchen faucet (single knob type) and turn it to the cold side, it trickles cold water out. Yet any other position I put it in I get hot water. This began about 2 years ago when my brother installed a dishwasher adjacent to the kitchen sink. My mother had been living with it ever since. No I have bought the house and its driving me nuts. Anyone got any ideas? I am thinking of replacing the faucet as it is old.
Not sure why it's only the cold, but have you taken the faucet apart and checked for a filter screen inside the handle? I did work on a pipe and debris flowed to the faucet I turned on first. It worked for about 10 seconds and then died. Your brother probably didn't mess with the cold. Maybe just bumped it enough. It might be worth a try.
Insulating Hot Water Pipes
More hot water for large bathtub?
40gal. Water Heater giving about 7minutes of hot wat...
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water, ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes