My problem is when I turn on the kitchen faucet (single knob type) and turn it to the cold side, it trickles cold water out. Yet any other position I put it in I get hot water. This began about 2 years ago when my brother installed a dishwasher adjacent to the kitchen sink. My mother had been living with it ever since. No I have bought the house and its driving me nuts. Anyone got any ideas? I am thinking of replacing the faucet as it is old.
Not sure why it's only the cold, but have you taken the faucet apart and checked for a filter screen inside the handle? I did work on a pipe and debris flowed to the faucet I turned on first. It worked for about 10 seconds and then died. Your brother probably didn't mess with the cold. Maybe just bumped it enough. It might be worth a try.
Insulating Hot Water Pipes
More hot water for large bathtub?
40gal. Water Heater giving about 7minutes of hot wat...
Hydronic Heat, Indirect Water Heater, No Hot Water, ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!