I am looking to replace my entry door in the front of my house.
I went to a local place that had a solid wood door w/ the oval glass design in the middle which is what I am looking for. He said the wood was douglas fir.
I am not familar w/ this kind of wood so was wondering if this is a good wood for an front entry door. I'd just have to stain and seal the door and that would be it....
Basically what I am asking is how does Douglas fir compare to the other types of entry doors IG. oak or Mahagony.And how will it stand up to the elements,sun, and are they energy efficient??
Your help is greatly appreciated,
p.s. the price was $400 for 36x80 door-no frame, and he said if I went to ********** price would be much more
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects