I am looking to replace my entry door in the front of my house.
I went to a local place that had a solid wood door w/ the oval glass design in the middle which is what I am looking for. He said the wood was douglas fir.
I am not familar w/ this kind of wood so was wondering if this is a good wood for an front entry door. I'd just have to stain and seal the door and that would be it....
Basically what I am asking is how does Douglas fir compare to the other types of entry doors IG. oak or Mahagony.And how will it stand up to the elements,sun, and are they energy efficient??
Your help is greatly appreciated,
p.s. the price was $400 for 36x80 door-no frame, and he said if I went to ********** price would be much more
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight