I am looking to replace my entry door in the front of my house.
I went to a local place that had a solid wood door w/ the oval glass design in the middle which is what I am looking for. He said the wood was douglas fir.
I am not familar w/ this kind of wood so was wondering if this is a good wood for an front entry door. I'd just have to stain and seal the door and that would be it....
Basically what I am asking is how does Douglas fir compare to the other types of entry doors IG. oak or Mahagony.And how will it stand up to the elements,sun, and are they energy efficient??
Your help is greatly appreciated,
p.s. the price was $400 for 36x80 door-no frame, and he said if I went to ********** price would be much more
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love