Being a wavering decision-maker, I wanted to ask you woodworkers out there where you draw the line with saving scrap lumber? I've been saving almost every leftover piece, but I have this eerie image of opening my shop one day and having a scrap avalanche. . .is there a point where something can be too small?
thats why wood stoves are so handy. but unless my son can use then for his creations, i leave anything that can be made into some type of moulding or trim and burn the rest.
I guess I'm like most people. I save the small pieces of hard woods that can be made into corner brackets. Anything smaller than that and it gets tossed or burned with the soft woods. I also use the small pieces for making plugs to hide recessed screw holes.
U.S.M.C. Semper Fi !!!
U.S.M.C. Semper Fi !!!
if i cant make 3/4" cove or quarter round out of it, i pitch it. might keep a few smaller pieces around, but not much. if i get a job where i need several hundred feet of quarter round, ive usually got that and then some in scrap. a lumber yard owner friend once told me that there is no such thing as a scrap pile, there is just some boards smaller than others.
How does one get a lot survey?
Old Barn Lumber
STRENTGH OF VARIOUS LUMBER TYPES
Woodworking Matching Game. - Need help for this week...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes