Being a wavering decision-maker, I wanted to ask you woodworkers out there where you draw the line with saving scrap lumber? I've been saving almost every leftover piece, but I have this eerie image of opening my shop one day and having a scrap avalanche. . .is there a point where something can be too small?
thats why wood stoves are so handy. but unless my son can use then for his creations, i leave anything that can be made into some type of moulding or trim and burn the rest.
I guess I'm like most people. I save the small pieces of hard woods that can be made into corner brackets. Anything smaller than that and it gets tossed or burned with the soft woods. I also use the small pieces for making plugs to hide recessed screw holes.
U.S.M.C. Semper Fi !!!
U.S.M.C. Semper Fi !!!
if i cant make 3/4" cove or quarter round out of it, i pitch it. might keep a few smaller pieces around, but not much. if i get a job where i need several hundred feet of quarter round, ive usually got that and then some in scrap. a lumber yard owner friend once told me that there is no such thing as a scrap pile, there is just some boards smaller than others.
How does one get a lot survey?
Old Barn Lumber
STRENTGH OF VARIOUS LUMBER TYPES
Woodworking Matching Game. - Need help for this week...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs