Being a wavering decision-maker, I wanted to ask you woodworkers out there where you draw the line with saving scrap lumber? I've been saving almost every leftover piece, but I have this eerie image of opening my shop one day and having a scrap avalanche. . .is there a point where something can be too small?
thats why wood stoves are so handy. but unless my son can use then for his creations, i leave anything that can be made into some type of moulding or trim and burn the rest.
I guess I'm like most people. I save the small pieces of hard woods that can be made into corner brackets. Anything smaller than that and it gets tossed or burned with the soft woods. I also use the small pieces for making plugs to hide recessed screw holes.
U.S.M.C. Semper Fi !!!
U.S.M.C. Semper Fi !!!
if i cant make 3/4" cove or quarter round out of it, i pitch it. might keep a few smaller pieces around, but not much. if i get a job where i need several hundred feet of quarter round, ive usually got that and then some in scrap. a lumber yard owner friend once told me that there is no such thing as a scrap pile, there is just some boards smaller than others.
How does one get a lot survey?
Old Barn Lumber
STRENTGH OF VARIOUS LUMBER TYPES
Woodworking Matching Game. - Need help for this week...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs