Being a wavering decision-maker, I wanted to ask you woodworkers out there where you draw the line with saving scrap lumber? I've been saving almost every leftover piece, but I have this eerie image of opening my shop one day and having a scrap avalanche. . .is there a point where something can be too small?
thats why wood stoves are so handy. but unless my son can use then for his creations, i leave anything that can be made into some type of moulding or trim and burn the rest.
I guess I'm like most people. I save the small pieces of hard woods that can be made into corner brackets. Anything smaller than that and it gets tossed or burned with the soft woods. I also use the small pieces for making plugs to hide recessed screw holes.
U.S.M.C. Semper Fi !!!
U.S.M.C. Semper Fi !!!
if i cant make 3/4" cove or quarter round out of it, i pitch it. might keep a few smaller pieces around, but not much. if i get a job where i need several hundred feet of quarter round, ive usually got that and then some in scrap. a lumber yard owner friend once told me that there is no such thing as a scrap pile, there is just some boards smaller than others.
How does one get a lot survey?
Old Barn Lumber
STRENTGH OF VARIOUS LUMBER TYPES
Woodworking Matching Game. - Need help for this week...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps