My unit is about five years old, an American Standard. I don't have much experience with these units, so I don't know how serious my problem is or if there even is a problem.
I have been setting the thermostat on about 72 (outside air is approx. 35-40), and keeping the switch on auto. When we ran it this summer it worked great on cool. But now that I've switched it to heat it just blows cold, or neutral air, and doesn't help the ambient temp in the room at all. The blue light (aux. heat) also stays on all the time. The only time you can get any warmth from the vents is when it is set to emerg. heat. But, of course I know I can't keep it set to that.
If anyone could give me any troubleshooting tips I would be very grateful. Thanks
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight