My unit is about five years old, an American Standard. I don't have much experience with these units, so I don't know how serious my problem is or if there even is a problem.
I have been setting the thermostat on about 72 (outside air is approx. 35-40), and keeping the switch on auto. When we ran it this summer it worked great on cool. But now that I've switched it to heat it just blows cold, or neutral air, and doesn't help the ambient temp in the room at all. The blue light (aux. heat) also stays on all the time. The only time you can get any warmth from the vents is when it is set to emerg. heat. But, of course I know I can't keep it set to that.
If anyone could give me any troubleshooting tips I would be very grateful. Thanks
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!