I recently purchased a two family home which is vinyl sided in yellow. My problem is that the window trim and porches are currently painted dark brown. Very ugly! Any ideas out there for a better color?
I agree with the white trim. My inlaws painted their cedar sided home yellow with green trim and it was horrible! It looked like a Ertl farm accident, a sad rendition of John Deere anything, or some Green Bay Packer throw back. Please don't paint the trim green. ACCENT with green as in the shutters, but not the trim! Go with bobinski! I have seen country blue go well but depending on the intensity of the yellow, I would stick with white as it is more contemporary.
A white porch will look very dirty, very quickly, especially the floor of the porch. What color porch if I go with white trim???
I know I'll get it for this, but
painting corner trim between two different color sch...
painting ceramic tile
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!