metal roofing installation question
One installation requires a moisture barrier "sheet" of what looks like heavy duty vinyl to be spread over the entire roof and then the metal roofing sheets applied directly on top of this material. The other method requires wood "strips" to be affixed to the present roof and the metal sheets adhered to the wood strips, leaving a small air pocket between the roof and the metal sheets.
PLEASE...any ideas on which should be considered?
We live in HOT HOT HOT sunny Florida, and decided the metal roof is the way to go once and fo all..gotta love those 50 year warrantees!
You don't say if the four installers all proposed the same product, or different products. Both methods you mention are in common use, but each is used with a specific type of panel. So which one's the best depends on the type of panel being installed. I suggest you ask each of the installers to show you other installs they did 2-3 years ago that use the panels and techniques they propose for your roof. Then, talk to the homeowners and see if they are happy with the results. Since about 80% of the final quality of the roof depends on the installer, you want to make sure you have the right people putting on your roof. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips