metal roofing installation question
One installation requires a moisture barrier "sheet" of what looks like heavy duty vinyl to be spread over the entire roof and then the metal roofing sheets applied directly on top of this material. The other method requires wood "strips" to be affixed to the present roof and the metal sheets adhered to the wood strips, leaving a small air pocket between the roof and the metal sheets.
PLEASE...any ideas on which should be considered?
We live in HOT HOT HOT sunny Florida, and decided the metal roof is the way to go once and fo all..gotta love those 50 year warrantees!
You don't say if the four installers all proposed the same product, or different products. Both methods you mention are in common use, but each is used with a specific type of panel. So which one's the best depends on the type of panel being installed. I suggest you ask each of the installers to show you other installs they did 2-3 years ago that use the panels and techniques they propose for your roof. Then, talk to the homeowners and see if they are happy with the results. Since about 80% of the final quality of the roof depends on the installer, you want to make sure you have the right people putting on your roof. Good Luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!