I have small 2 br, 1 ba condo near the ocean in long beach, ca that was built in 1958. The original bathroom tile is in good shape even though it's age is showing a bit and I need to liven it up! I would love to rip it out and go modern minimalist but it is classic and something that may be valuable to a future buyer. I've only been living here for a year but the walls appear to not have been painted in quite some time (4+ years). A neighbor of mine painted his walls a slate gray which really changed the entire dynamic, toned down the tile and gave the room a more modern appeal. But the color mix is more masculine. I'm thiking about the following options and would like feedback or alternative recommendations.
Liven it up with bright white; Paint walls bright white semi gloss and sponge with a glaze to compliment the coral; Paint walls in a carribean-like blue, not the dark blue, more to the crystal clear blue side. I think the latter would give it a Miami Beach Art Deco vibe, and that would be cool.
Thanks in advance. I'm a newbie homeowner, can you tell?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!