I have small 2 br, 1 ba condo near the ocean in long beach, ca that was built in 1958. The original bathroom tile is in good shape even though it's age is showing a bit and I need to liven it up! I would love to rip it out and go modern minimalist but it is classic and something that may be valuable to a future buyer. I've only been living here for a year but the walls appear to not have been painted in quite some time (4+ years). A neighbor of mine painted his walls a slate gray which really changed the entire dynamic, toned down the tile and gave the room a more modern appeal. But the color mix is more masculine. I'm thiking about the following options and would like feedback or alternative recommendations.
Liven it up with bright white; Paint walls bright white semi gloss and sponge with a glaze to compliment the coral; Paint walls in a carribean-like blue, not the dark blue, more to the crystal clear blue side. I think the latter would give it a Miami Beach Art Deco vibe, and that would be cool.
Thanks in advance. I'm a newbie homeowner, can you tell?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers