I have small 2 br, 1 ba condo near the ocean in long beach, ca that was built in 1958. The original bathroom tile is in good shape even though it's age is showing a bit and I need to liven it up! I would love to rip it out and go modern minimalist but it is classic and something that may be valuable to a future buyer. I've only been living here for a year but the walls appear to not have been painted in quite some time (4+ years). A neighbor of mine painted his walls a slate gray which really changed the entire dynamic, toned down the tile and gave the room a more modern appeal. But the color mix is more masculine. I'm thiking about the following options and would like feedback or alternative recommendations.
Liven it up with bright white; Paint walls bright white semi gloss and sponge with a glaze to compliment the coral; Paint walls in a carribean-like blue, not the dark blue, more to the crystal clear blue side. I think the latter would give it a Miami Beach Art Deco vibe, and that would be cool.
Thanks in advance. I'm a newbie homeowner, can you tell?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects