I want to change the color and look of my linolium floor. thinking it would be cheaper and easier to put down those 12" linoleum tiles over it!!! What is the drawbacks to doing this????
I did the exact same thing last month. I took a 16 year old floor and put down a granite style peel and stick. It looks so amazing... it really does. The only drawback is that now I have an odour coming from the tiles. You know, that "new car" smell. I am in the middle of selling my house and I have made several posts here trying to figure out a good way to remove the odour.
How did you go about it? Did you strip it first and then apply a sealer before sticking tiles down? I am getting ready for my winter projects and that is one of them. I found a box of those tiles for 10.00 at a dollar store. I can't remember how many came in the box but there were quite a few of them. Is that a good price?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips