I want to change the color and look of my linolium floor. thinking it would be cheaper and easier to put down those 12" linoleum tiles over it!!! What is the drawbacks to doing this????
I did the exact same thing last month. I took a 16 year old floor and put down a granite style peel and stick. It looks so amazing... it really does. The only drawback is that now I have an odour coming from the tiles. You know, that "new car" smell. I am in the middle of selling my house and I have made several posts here trying to figure out a good way to remove the odour.
How did you go about it? Did you strip it first and then apply a sealer before sticking tiles down? I am getting ready for my winter projects and that is one of them. I found a box of those tiles for 10.00 at a dollar store. I can't remember how many came in the box but there were quite a few of them. Is that a good price?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!