Has anyone had any experience with Centiva Luxury Vinyl Tiles? We are considering using this product on a fairly large flooring project. I've heard that some of the luxury vinyl tile products can have shrinkage issues. Is this true? We are looking at the Centiva Event series 18" x 18" tiles with 3mm thickness and .03" wear layer.
as luck would have it, I am a warehouse manager for a Vinyl flooring distributor. I have heard through a few installers that they did have an issue with shrinkage. I do not know if they have solved this issue or not.
Centiva is installed into the Empire State Building in NY, where you buy your ticket to go up to the viewing gallery and it looks fabulous. No shrinking at all. In fact, regarding shrinking, Centiva is the only manufacturer to incorporate fiber glass into its products, which eliminates shrinking. I think Centiva is also the only (or one of the only) manufacturers that actually makes luxury vinyl flooring in the USA! Hope this helps.
Luxury Vinyl Tile is somewhat dimensionally unstable. Moisture in the substrate you are installing it over, or in the adhesive you are using to install it, can exacerbate that instability. The shrinkage is generally more notable in luxury vinyl plank, where the shrinkage factor is multiplied over the longer lengths of plank flooring. Suggest that you use a transitional pressure sensitive adhesive, such as Taylor 2091, using the wet-set method (adhesive still wet when you set the flooring into it) to install the flooring. That adhesive dries with exceptional sheer strength that inhibits the plank from shrinking. Only way to go in large commercial projects.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers