Has anyone had any experience with Centiva Luxury Vinyl Tiles? We are considering using this product on a fairly large flooring project. I've heard that some of the luxury vinyl tile products can have shrinkage issues. Is this true? We are looking at the Centiva Event series 18" x 18" tiles with 3mm thickness and .03" wear layer.
as luck would have it, I am a warehouse manager for a Vinyl flooring distributor. I have heard through a few installers that they did have an issue with shrinkage. I do not know if they have solved this issue or not.
Centiva is installed into the Empire State Building in NY, where you buy your ticket to go up to the viewing gallery and it looks fabulous. No shrinking at all. In fact, regarding shrinking, Centiva is the only manufacturer to incorporate fiber glass into its products, which eliminates shrinking. I think Centiva is also the only (or one of the only) manufacturers that actually makes luxury vinyl flooring in the USA! Hope this helps.
Luxury Vinyl Tile is somewhat dimensionally unstable. Moisture in the substrate you are installing it over, or in the adhesive you are using to install it, can exacerbate that instability. The shrinkage is generally more notable in luxury vinyl plank, where the shrinkage factor is multiplied over the longer lengths of plank flooring. Suggest that you use a transitional pressure sensitive adhesive, such as Taylor 2091, using the wet-set method (adhesive still wet when you set the flooring into it) to install the flooring. That adhesive dries with exceptional sheer strength that inhibits the plank from shrinking. Only way to go in large commercial projects.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!