07:43AM | 10/16/07
Member Since: 03/19/05
4 lifetime posts
I replaced an old float ball with a new Fluidmaster 400A kit in a Mansfield toilet (No. 160). This toilet does not have a flapper, but instead has a water-saver valve that rises up and down over a stem and valve washer.

When installing the Fluidmaster 400A, you're supposed to take the fill tube (thin black rubber tube) and insert it into the flat cap of the water-saver valve (I've done this successfully on 2 other toilets in my house). This time, however, when the toilet is flushed, the water bubbles out of the top of the cap as if the water is turned on too hard, instead of all of the water going down into the water-saver valve thing. It's as if the fill tube is just a little too small for the hole in the cap.

Other than turn the input faucet down at the wall restricting the water flow, is there something else I should do? (I'm worried the water will force the tube to shoot out of the cap). Should I try plummer's putty to try to force the tube into the water-saver more tightly?

Click to reply button
Inspiration banner


Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button

To test the boundaries of small-footprint living, interior designer Jessica Helgerson moved her family to a 540-square-foo... Filling an underutilized area beneath the stairs is a smart way to save space. Doing so with a stash of wood, however, is ... This spacious mudroom just off from the laundry room has plenty of room for tucking towels away and drying off after a dip... Chalkboard paint opens up endless possibilities for customizing your dresser time and time again. Use chalk to label the c... A fireplace in the bathroom creates the ultimate setting for relaxation. Homeowners often choose electric or gas over wood... This roomy boot tray made from punched metal stands up to all the elements. Station it in your mudroom or at your back doo... There’s nothing like a new set of cabinet hardware to refresh a room. The possibilities are endless: Go modern, rustic, or... FLOR tiles are an affordable way to customize a carpeted floor covering for any space. Make anything from runners to wall-... Chalkboard paint features prominently in this elegant yet unpretentious headboard design. Add a new message daily to reflec... Salvaged boards in varying widths and colors make up the dramatic accent wall in this attic space. The high-gloss white of... The indecisive homeowner need not fret over choosing one (or even two) cabinet colors. The kitchen cabinets in this artist... Incorporate nature into your lighting scheme by securing a dead tree in a concrete mold and draping your pendant lamp from... Simple and striking, a couple of pieces of "lovingly used" furniture creates a special kind of charm. A weathered chair fo... First dress up your metal shelves with a coat of paint in an accent color that complements your kitchen decor. Then arrang... Dark wood shelving and a matching upholstered bench keep this closet sleek and refined. The large window brightens the sub...
Follow banner a
Newsletter icon Flipboard glossy Facebook Twitter Pinterest Youtube Rss icon