I decided to replace my Moen shower faucet (the cheap plastic-handle kind my builder installed) with something a bit more fancy. I purchased a new Moen Eva faucet with the same screw configuration as the one I removed. I left the old posi-temp vale in-place as it is only 4 years old and I didn't want to turn this into a huge job.
The new handle installs fine, but the handle sticks out about a good inch or so from the wall-plate rather than mounting flush as it is supposed to according to the picture and manual. Frankly, it looks pretty goofy right now.
I looked at all the documentation and it looks like the valve is supposed to be recessed further back in the wall. I'm not ready to rip apart the bathroom wall and redo the plumbing (and I'm not sure if this is even feasible.
Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to recess the valve further back into the wall without ripping the wall open? Is there a shorter cartridge I can buy?
Thanks in advance!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY