I decided to replace my Moen shower faucet (the cheap plastic-handle kind my builder installed) with something a bit more fancy. I purchased a new Moen Eva faucet with the same screw configuration as the one I removed. I left the old posi-temp vale in-place as it is only 4 years old and I didn't want to turn this into a huge job.
The new handle installs fine, but the handle sticks out about a good inch or so from the wall-plate rather than mounting flush as it is supposed to according to the picture and manual. Frankly, it looks pretty goofy right now.
I looked at all the documentation and it looks like the valve is supposed to be recessed further back in the wall. I'm not ready to rip apart the bathroom wall and redo the plumbing (and I'm not sure if this is even feasible.
Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to recess the valve further back into the wall without ripping the wall open? Is there a shorter cartridge I can buy?
Thanks in advance!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Weekend Projects: DIY Thanksgiving Decor
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Forgiving Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- Bob Vila's Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- 10 Quick Fixes for a More Refreshing Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!