I decided to replace my Moen shower faucet (the cheap plastic-handle kind my builder installed) with something a bit more fancy. I purchased a new Moen Eva faucet with the same screw configuration as the one I removed. I left the old posi-temp vale in-place as it is only 4 years old and I didn't want to turn this into a huge job.
The new handle installs fine, but the handle sticks out about a good inch or so from the wall-plate rather than mounting flush as it is supposed to according to the picture and manual. Frankly, it looks pretty goofy right now.
I looked at all the documentation and it looks like the valve is supposed to be recessed further back in the wall. I'm not ready to rip apart the bathroom wall and redo the plumbing (and I'm not sure if this is even feasible.
Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to recess the valve further back into the wall without ripping the wall open? Is there a shorter cartridge I can buy?
Thanks in advance!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!