Latest Discussions : Plumbing


08:39PM | 09/21/03
Member Since: 05/26/03
3 lifetime posts
Have a leaky shower mixer. It is a single-knob, pull-on/push-off, twist to adjust type. There is no manufacturers brand on the handle or on any body parts I can see.

I've removed the screw cap, the handle mounting screw and a brass color retainer but that's as far as I can go, I think. What I see is a gray plastic cartridge body with the gray square actuating shaft running into it. There are two lots in the metal body where the gray plastic cartridge body edges are visible. Gentle prying at these locations hasn't gotten the cartridge out for me.

Do I need a special tool to extract the offending parts? And, once I get the cartridge out how do I identify the manufacturer so I can find a replacement?

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button